Thursday, July 24, 2014

The MTC Life....Costco Pizza?!?? Nice.

Elder Farley
Hi Mom and Dad!

 Elder Clark De Donde es Indiana y his first name is Tyson! He´s pretty funny!
 I´m in district 4B (I call it district 4Behold haha)
 Two of the elders in my district are going to Carlsbad as well as Elder Clark! Elder Schow and Elder Winterhalter! They are all way cool!
 

But this last week has been fast, yet suuuuuuuppppeerrrr slow.  Spanish is actually pretty tough, but I´m getting the hang of it. I´m just going to continue to be faithful and happy, and I know I´ll learn it sooner or later! But the Elders in my District are cool and I get along with them all just fine! It´s definitely a lot of work, but I can feel the joy in the work, and I know it´s going to be even better in the field! The beds are fine, the food isn´t bad (costco pizza on Tuesdays!!), and overall, I think I´ll survive 5 more weeks of this, haha. But
I´m trying my hardest to learn and grow here, and I think I´ll be doing great by the end of my stay here!

So I have to warn you that I´m using a Spanish Keyboard, so it may be doing some weird things, haha! But
I´ve felt the spirit a lot at some of the devotionals here! It´s like EFY, but way more strict (not necessarily in a bad way), more spiritual, more tough, and there is more to learn! But on Sunday we were talking about baptism, and one Elder asked what happens if someone drowns while getting baptized, and another Elder said that that´s a slingshot to the Celestial Kingdom, haha! It´s horrible, but pretty funny. There aren´t really many other stories to talk about other than that. Just a lot of learning. But I´ve already talked to Braden a few times and I talked to Theron today! I´ll get my scriptures pretty soon! We are also on the third lesson with our "investigator." We speak total Spanglish with him, haha! But it´s all good.

It´s fun here, yet a little overwhelming, but I know that Heavenly Father will strengthen me and that He already has a lot! I know that this gospel is true and that it brings the ultimate happiness to everyone! I love you and hope all is well!

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment