Thursday, August 14, 2014

Brian - Mexico MTC Week 4

Mommy!

So the epidemic was nothing. At least for me. Some kids were going to the infirmary and what not because of some flu virus the newbies brought in, but I got a cold somehow haha. But today is day 3 of my cold and it´s about gone, so I´m good! People here should just exercise and they´d probably be fine haha. But I really think exercising and staying healthy is the way to keep from being sick! It´s kinda weird how not too many Elders lift here. There have been like three Elders this week that have told me I have "the body of a God" haha! No clue why either because I was playing volleyball at the time. But enough of that! Braden left yesterday, and we traded ties yesterday before he left. I didn´t take a picture of it today, but I´ll send you a picture next week.

Hermana Dreiling is pretty funny, and the rules do seem a bit strict here, but at the same time we hear Mexican music like every night from some party outside the walls! When the newbies come in every Wednesday we always ask them "Whats it like on the outside?!" haha. But It´s all good. I mean we have 45 minutes of Gym time everyday! I can´t complain! I think any mission will be less strict than the MTC!

I got the ginger ale and other snacks yesterday and they´re all gone already!! Thanks for them though! Supplies wise here I am set on bathroom stuff, and protein, but i only have a half bag of jerky left. But then again, I only have like 12 days left here, so I´m good! That fruit basket was really good though! Plums are like my new favorite fruit!

I´ve already come to grips with the fact that I will be like Elder Calhoon from the Best Two Years: Me- "Elder, what language was that?" Senior comp.- "Elder, that was Spanish" Me- "Then I´m in trouble, because that wasn´t the language they taught me in the MTC..." haha. But It´s all good. If I can at least understand Spanish 100% when I get out there, I´ll be golden! I´ve heard it usually takes about 6 months to be fluent, so I got time to study! haha.

The Ogden Temple sounds amazing! I hope to go there to see it for myself someday! That sounds like it´ll be fun to go the the Phoenix Temple! And thats an awesome idea for Halloween! Maybe I could do reverse Trick O' Treating and knock on doors and give out BofMs! haha! It´s official, I´m going to do it!  Sounds like you guys had a great time up in Ogden though! I didn´t know there was so much to do up there! Don´t have too much fun without me;) haha

Wow! You´re actually staying in town?! haha just kidding. It´ll be good for you guys to relax a little at home because I don´t know if our family actually "relaxes" during vacations haha. But thats way cool that all that fun stuff is happening the next few weeks! There will be a little change for me in a couple weeks too. It´s crazy that Jacob is almost heading out too! He´ll probably have a good time in Provo, but I´ve got that Mexican Pride;) haha. We hear gunshots, sirens, screaming, loud music, etc. when we are here almost 24/7, and we joke a lot by quoting The Three Amigoes "It´s real... Yeah, all of this, it´s real." "What´re we doing in Mexico??" "I don´t know!" "I´ve been shot at already!" "I know" "What´re we going to do?" "We´re not going to get to California thats for sure!" haha. Funny stuff! If we didn´t joke around here, I don´t know what I´d do haha.

Sean is a busy missionary man! He´ll be ok! Only like 5 more months until he´s home anyway! I´m way happy for him that he is staying busy! He´s definitely one of my many great examples I have in my life! I am so grateful to have this Gospel in my life and for all the blessing it brings! I cannot wait to share the message of this restore Gospel to the people in Carlsbad and know this is what I am supposed to be doing!

I´ll let you know if I think of anything to add to my box that is being sent to Cali! Thanks for all that you do! I love you!

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment