Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 5 - Otro Dia!

Hi Mom!
 
I'll try to get to emailing sooner so you wont have to wait too long! That's cool that Dad has his journals and all from his mission! I am trying to find time to write in mine... But it's tough sometimes. I am going to make sure to write what's important though! I don't want to look back and think "Wow... I was a weird kid.." Well, I'll probably think that no matter what! haha.
 
I'm glad you are enjoying mission prep! That class is great! Although I didn't want to wake up that early somedays, it was way good and helped me prepare a lot! Hyrum got his call! Awesome!! He's going to be a great missionary! Hopefully he doesn't get jumped too many times! haha. He just needs a cop as a bodyguard or something! Speaking of cops, we had a lady threaten to call the cops we "soliciting" We were like, "Ummm no we aren't" and she was like "the exit(to the complex) is to the right" and we said "Well we're going left, have a great day!" haha. Some people make me laugh!
 
I'm excited to get that 100 day package!
 
The work is picking up here! We have a new investigator, Luiz, who has a lot of potential, and Eduardo had to cancel the appointment, so we couldn't tell him to quit his job... Darn... haha. The packages don't come until tomorrow, so hopefully the big BofM's come! And things are going better here. I think I was just a little overwhelmed with all the things I had to do and the little amount of time to do them all. I always want to do my best in all that I do, and I think I get a little discouraged when I see other missionaries doing better, because I feel like I can be that good. I'm doing better though! Thanks for all your help and support! Training is two transfers, so I'll be with E. Smith another transfer. It'll be good!
 
I'm trying to take more pictures and videos to send home! Sorry for not having too many! I still can't get this library computer to send pictures.  love you and am so grateful for your support!
 
Love,
Elder Brian Farley!
 
Ps. So a lot of Mexicans tell us "Otro dia(another day)" when we ask if we can share a message, because they don't want to be rude. So this less active guy in the Branch told us that when we are all in the Spirit World and God gives us the chance to live in the Celestial Kingdom, that those Mexicans will say "Otro dia" hahaha. Ohhh... Great stuff. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment