Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 8: Lots of Investigators

Hi Mom!

Happy Birthday!!!!! A year older (really just a day, don't worry!) and wiser too! A birthday letter will come soon!

Thanks for the update! Tell Jeremy it's ok! Sean gave me the ok to talk to him! haha.

I updated Dad with what was happening with the investigators. They're progressing... kinda haha. But as long as we keep working hard, and stay diligent, everything will turn out ok! My Spanish is improving! I actually noticed the improvement this week too! Truthfully, I didn't think I'd be this good at this time after spending 6 weeks in Mexico. But I'm doing pretty well now! I can't wait to talk a little in Spanish to you at Christmas!  I'll try to speak really fast too! haha.

We've heard a bit about iPads. Either the end of 2014 or the beginning of 2015. I want them NOW though!!  E. Smith and I keep saying how easy something will be once we get iPads! haha. But really. Nightly planning - Easy! Weekly planning - 15 minutes instead of 3 hours! Lessons - the best! That's the idea anyways haha.

That's funny that you and Hna Dreiling are meeting up! She's way cool! Tell her I understand her circumstances(SP?)!

We saw Meet the Mormons like two weeks ago! I thought I told you. But it was way good! I wish I could watch it again, but they don't want missionaries scaring away the business of the movie theaters... haha. But nothing else has really been going on. Just hard work and the fun it brings! I love you and hope all is going well!

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

Hey Dad!
Thanks for all the update with all that's going on at home! That's too bad about the football team... It'll be the first time in a while that we don't go to the playoffs. But we can't be the best every year! haha.'

So the work here is really picking up! We have 5 pretty solid investigators: E, P, L, C, and L.
E. is golden aside from the fact that he works on Sundays! AND he is moving to Mexico in February! He doesn't want to change his job either! It's a little frustrating, but we're working on him. \
P.  has two kids who've been baptized and she is pretty much golden too. She is already trying to find ways to change her job and be able to come to church every Sunday. But she's just a little tough to get appointments with.

L.  is an 18 year old kid from Guatemala. He's been here for like 5 months and is really cool! We have to go slow with him (and like everyone else we teach) so he understands, but he isn't really reading or praying, and he doesn't come to church.
 
C.  is really cool! He just gets it! We taught him lesson 1 and then checked for understanding, and he retained everything we taught him! We are going to invite him to be baptized next visit! I really see a lot of potential with him!

L.  is doing well. He hasn't come to church since conference. He hasn't really done much praying but he reads a lot. He and a lot of the Mexican people here need almost no convincing that the BofM is true. They just accept it as scripture right off the bat! The Mexican people are so friendly! It's great! But L.  is one that'll take more time.

We have a lot of potential investigators too and are having a lot of lessons! The work is improving a lot here! We just have to continue to be diligent and hard working! Also, my Spanish is coming along quite well! I am excited to progress even further and become truly fluent!

I am doing a lot better with everything here. There hasn't really beet too much that has happened other than that... But we get to teach FHE to the branch tonight! That'll be fun! haha
But all is going well here. Thanks for all your support and for helping me pull through. Sorry for not wishing you a happy birthday last week. I send a letter. Hopefully it gets there soon! I love you, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment