Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 10: Trunk or Treat with Encinitas 2nd Branch

Hi Mom!

A temple trip after my mission would be way fun! We only get to go to the SD Temple 3 times a year, so I'll have 5 more temple trips on my mission! Yay! Thats great you had a good time at the temple open house in Phoenix! Also that you were able to see Hna Dreiling! I haven't emailed her because I don't have time. That's really the truth! haha. And I don't even remember what we talked about in the CCM, but I only remember her talking about a "mission reunion."

The whole thing with the iPads is still unknown to us. All we know is that we might get them in December or in January. Nothing else. I hope we don't have to buy them and that they just stay in the mission! I just don't want to have the problem of getting the money out there and what not. Just too much of a hassle. But speaking of hassles, the life of MP's must be exhausting! I have learned in the past few weeks that there are a lot of little things that missionaries do, or that need to be kept track of. There seems to be a lot of mission drama too. Like everyone puts on a face when leadership is in the room instead of always acting dignified and just being oneself. I don't know. I just thought people would be cool in the mission field, not cause problems, work hard, and be themselves. I'm not saying everyone is like that, but just that it happens more than I had previously expected.

I had a good time at the Trunk or Treat! It was really fun, and I felt like I could just go to a ward activity and just have a good time with the members! It was good just being able to talk to Jeremy a little and being cool with it. The thing is, is if missionaries abuse a situation things go wrong. If they handle it like a missionary, things will always go well. There are some missionaries who do a great job with every situation, and some others that don't. I'm just trying my hardest to be dignified, and personable at the same time. If I do that, I know everything will go well!

Time does fly, though! I feel like I've been out for a long time, but at the same time I feel like I just got out here. A couple more weeks and I'll hit the 4 month mark! Crazy! But everything is going well here. We have 4 new investigators on date for baptism! I'm so excited! We just need to find the time to meet with them! Mexican people are always so busy! But I have faith! That is basically the biggest thing thats happened this week. That, and we've talked to many drunk Mexicans! haha! But all is well here! Keep doing what you can with the missionary work in the Ward! I love you!

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

Hey Dad,
The Halloween Party was great! We weren't able to stay that long, but it was really good. Spanish is going good. I'm not 100% fluent yet, but I think I'll be decent at Christmas! So far we have like 11 investigators! 2 families and a few others. But one of the families is set on a date for baptism! Awesome! We just need to meet with them more! But the area is doing well. We have a lot to go off of, and we've met with a lot of cool people! Also, the branch is helping out more and more! I really hope they invite more of their friends and increase the size of the branch!

With transfers, I really don't know. I mean, there is a good chance that I'll stay, but who knows... I really hope I stay! Although the work is still pretty slow for Spanish work, I love this area!
I'm happy to hear that Phoenix was fun! Mom filled me in a lot about that trip and meeting up with Hna Dreiling.

Thats too bad that the team isn't doing too well. But all in all, it doesn't matter.
Thanks for all the update, Dad! I'm happy to hear that the work in the ward has improved and that the missionaries are ready to work! I'm also excited to see how the different classes go!
I am so happy that I have your support out here. I realize more everyday how truly blessed I am in my life. Thanks for all you do for me, Dad.

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment