Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 20: Six Months Down!

Hi Mom,

The weather is still pretty good here. Give it another month and a half and I'll
be cooking! haha. So E. Schooff backed into a pole on our first day together...
Yes, we back each other out, but it all happened so fast that there was nothing
I could do... So now the car is in the shop and we are full-time walk and bike!
Yaaaaayyyy.... kinda... Speaking of the car, we had a really cool miracle this
week. It was last Monday and we were picking up the Elders with which we have a
car share. We turned off the car to go get them, and came back to find that the
car wouldn't start. To make things worse, the car dashboard told us to check the
engine, the power steering, the battery, and everything else! So nothing but the
lights were working. We were trying different things, like checking under the
hood, and turning the key multiple times, but nothing was working so we decided
to say a prayer. I offered a simple prayer asking to make the car work, and put
the keys in the ignition. I turned the key and the car started up with no
problem! We all we very grateful and humbled because of this experience. We
truly cannot do anything without the Lord.

We aren't really "home teacher missionaries" but it just feels like it due to
the high concentration of LA members. It's great and all, but the I really want
to use more of our time finding the people who need the gospel right now. We
have a dinner everyday except for some Sundays, so we're good with that! I
haven't met the Jacox's yet. How do you know them again?

I left one long sleeve shirt because it was trashed. I don't need any clothes or
supplies at this point. I got the box with my pants, so all is well! haha.

 I knew you'd have a countdown for these next couple weeks.

Sounds like the work is going great in F-Town! I'm sure Tyler and Sean will help
it all continue to go well! So far, I've heard nothing with Petra.

It's crazy to me that I've been out 6 months already. Other missionaries would
say "Six months is nothing!!" and I know it's not much, but it's just gone by
really fast so far. I'll be sure to work hard the remaining 18! Its a blast, and
I'll love it until the end! I hope you have a great week! I love you and miss
you too!

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment