Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 28: Miracles



Hi Mom!

So I got the twinning package and the GNC package! Thanks! E.B. was very grateful for the tie and socks! I don't need anything at this point. I can't wait for the St. Patty's Day box!


This rain is the best! It's cold, but I got my sweaters that I never expected to use! haha. It's a good change.


Sounds like the trip to Purgatory was a success! I miss it and am a little jealous, but I'm glad you had a good time!


The trip to DC also sounds fun! Sean will finally get to show you and dad all the places he served! You'll also get to meet that one lady he baptized who loves all of us just because Sean is related to us! haha


Do the missionaries in your ward go to the Navajo Taco night and watch the movie too? Because if so, that's super cool! I may get the VC ward to do something like that too... haha


I can't believe Bliss is getting married! Crazy stuff! Her future husband looks like a cool guy though. 


So there is a to to do in VC! It's insane! Members are coming up to us and asking if we've talked to their friend yet, and I'm like "I don't know your friend, let alone you!" So it's going good! We are trying to get some investigator's dad the priesthood so he can baptize them, and we are trying to meet with another lady who basically said she'll convert!


Our zone is doing really well also! We have focused a lot on having faith to see miracles, and boy are we seeing miracles! One thing that I've learned out here is that we must perform and see miracles as missionaries, or we are not representing Jesus Christ as much as we should. Aside from performing the atonement for us, miracles was the second most known thing He did. And so we must perform miracles as He did. Miracles are not a deviation from natural law. It's a manifestation of God's higher law. So seeing miracles should be an everyday thing! If God is a part of our lives, we should see His hand in our lives, and that is what miracles are. I believe that our lives are already full of miracles at the same time, but it is up to us to open our eyes to see them. There are many small miracles everyday that we should recognize and be grateful for. By doing this, it increases our capacity to see even more miracles! It's awesome! So there's my sermon on miracles. haha.


But that's all I got for this week! I love you and miss you! Have a great and safe week!



Bonsai Elm (Not sure where it came from or why they have it)
Love,
Elder Brian Farley


No comments:

Post a Comment