Monday, April 6, 2015

Week 33: General Conference was Super Great!

E.F & E.M---VC!
Hey Mom!

General Conference was super great! Could you hole punch the talks you are going to send as well so I can put them in one of my binders? I love conference talks! I have like 30+ talks on my flashdrive that I listen to in the car! They are the words of life! Sounds like Easter went well with the fam! I can totally picture Caiside and Ryker searching for eggs! E.M and I were wearing both our twinning ties and socks yesterday! You can hardly see the blue on the heel of the sock with shoes on, so I thought it was ok;) Sister Rush is awesome though! We went over for lunch and then watched the afternoon session with them. They would've let us stay for dinner as well, but we had a dinner appointment already. I feel like I got fed more yesterday than on Thanksgiving! And I got more candy than I did on Halloween! Easter is the best holiday;) haha.

Things are going good with E. Murdock and I. The members all like him and he's liking VC a lot as well! I don't see how anyone couldn't like VC! But the work with the new Spanish Zones is kinda going the same as it was without them. I feel bad because my district really hasn't been having much success lately. So I am going to do my best to get them to step up their game and push themselves to have more success! Missions are too short to be standing still! So we are going to run! It's like the scripture in 1 Corinthians 9:24. We're going to "receiveth the prize" of baptisms!!

Sean is going back to college! Crazy! That all sounds really exciting though! Hopefully he was able to remember a little bit of math so he gets put in a good class!

You are going to be having a super busy month! I can't believe that Daniel is almost home!!!  Don't worry, I'm more excited to talk to you;) But I'm not going to say my Spanish is anything special... I mean, I've basically been in English work the past 3 months... haha. But it'll be good. You and dad will only be empty nesters for about a year, so you'll be ok;) haha.

I'm glad to hear that all is well at home. We are hoping to be having a couple baptisms pretty soon! So I'll keep you informed! The gospel is the best thing we have here on this earth! Sure, at times its hard to live, but when we realize we are putting our eternal lives at stake when we choose to walk away, it makes it a lot easier to choose the right! It's really great that we have a living Prophet and Apostles on the earth to lead us closer to God and to help us apply the gospel teachings in our lives so we may have a greater capacity to follow our Savior. Without that, we'd be lost as were the people after the death of Christ! How wonderful it is that we have the fullness of the everlasting gospel and the blessing to one day return to live with God and Christ again. It's simple, and it's true.

Thanks for all your love and support, mom! I love you and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment