Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 34: Each and Every Missionary in the World is Making a Difference

Hi Mom!

DC sounds like really fun place! Sean had already made it sound pretty good, but he was a missionary there, so that always makes it a biased vote;) haha. I hope we can all go to my mission after I'm home for a bit! I already wrote a lot of places to visit in my journal, so we will be busy!

That's so cool for Trevor! I'm happy for him! He's going to tear it up out in the mission field! All my little friends will soon be on missions... Gosh... I'll be halfway by the time they're out... That's weird to think about. I think I'm going to feel like a greenie until the day I die (AKA: go home). So I'm going to keep working my hardest until then so I will have "no regrets!" (football quotes apply so well all the time haha)

Like I said last week, I feel a common misconception in the church is that its normal and ok for people to take 6 months, or even years before they are baptized. Many people see baptism (including members) as a huge crazy thing, but it's not. It's a very important and sacred ordinance and covenant, but it's only the beginning! Yes, people need to be readily prepared, determined to serve God, follow Christ's example and keep the commandments until the end of their lives, but this is simple with the Spirit! Change can come upon anyone in the blink of an eye! There are exceptions with some people where it may take a significant amount of time, but the majority of people, in my opinion, should not take more than 4 weeks to be baptized. God wants His children to become a part of His kingdom now, and He will help them make it happen if they are willing.

I don't really have too much else to say, but I know that being a missionary is super important, and that each and every missionary in the world is making a difference. Although their efforts may only be one more drop in the ocean of God's work and glory, that drop is a part of the tidal wave of happiness and love in the life to come. I love you and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment