Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 36: Weeks Like Lightning

Hey Mom!

Man, these weeks are going by so fast! I feel like I just started the transfer with E.M but now its just about over... I really really reeeeeeaaaaallly want to stay in VC! We have so much going on here! But PK will probably transfer me because since E. Smith, I've only been with my comps for one transfer... I promise I'm a good missionary! haha. But I better stay here. Thats all I'm saying;)

It's good to hear all the news from home and how everyone is doing! Sean sent me an email, and it sounds like he's doing better. I am super excited for all the people who are going to serve missions and who are out there now! Each month that goes by I think "I can't believe I only have __ months left..." Although you probably feel like I've been gone for a long time, I can't believe it's going by so fast. I really am trying to savor every little bit of my mission- both the good and bad, because this is the only time I have to do it. I really love my mission! I hope that everyone out there with a question of if they should serve will do it, because it's going to be the best thing for their lives and for the lives of those they touch.

I was actually going to ask you today to send me some of gma B's cookies, but you already knew! haha. Wow. The Spirit sure does instruct you well on the things I'd like out here! haha;)

Everyday isn't perfect, but no day every will be perfect. We just have to make the very best of everything we have. You know the saying "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade, and when life gives you melons, your probably have dislexia" haha;) But really, this life is to be tested, so we should never think that we deserve a perfect life when we choose the right, but blessings and support through the struggles and challenges.

We are still seeing good success here in VC! I love it out here, and I love being a missionary! I am so very grateful for all that you do for me, Mom! I hope that your travels and activities for this next week go well and are enjoyed! I love you and pray for your happiness and safety!

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

Hey Dad,

It actually rained quite a bit here in VC! It was pretty awesome! I felt like I was in Hawaii for a time because it was sprinkling and it was warm at the same time! But this week went well. P. wasn't at church this past week, but we had 11 investigators at church! The coolest thing was that all their fellowshipers got with them and were showing them where to go without us having to go get them! I love this ward! We are going to be having 2 baptismal interviews this Wednesday for a couple of the boys in the boys home and we are hoping for at least one of them to get baptized this weekend! W. is also doing really well! We are going to meet with her tomorrow and invite her to be baptized as well! So there's a lot of good stuff happening here too!

All the plans and happenings sound really exciting! There is going to be a "Meet the Mormons" activity next month for the Spanish ward in Esco, and we are going to try to get our investigators to go down there! Its going to be in Spanish! The more I am out on my mission, the more I think of all the potential my friends had and that I should have invited them! But I am glad others are doing that!

I am very happy for all the people going on missions and getting home! It's super cool! I am really excited to see you and the family in a few weeks as well! I feel like Christmas was only a couple months ago! Time is flying! But I am so very grateful for all the help, love and support you give me, Dad. I know that God really put families together perfectly and that you are the perfect Dad for me. Thanks for all that you do and have done for me. I love you and hope that you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment