Monday, May 11, 2015

Week 38: Mother's Day Skype!

Cinco de Mayo "Twinning Ties"!
Hey Mom!

It was super good talking to you yesterday! Sounds like you've been having a pretty busy day since then, but that's good!;) You can sleep after work. My motto here is "I can sleep when I'm dead! (in mission terms;)" Like Elder Clark's brother, I can sleep for a couple days after I get home, but for now I will work like crazy! haha

Just write down a list of the things you want to tell me and then look over it the night you email me! That's what I do! But sometimes I forget to look at the list, so just don't do that part! haha.

So I forgot to tell you that we gave talks during sacrament meeting yesterday! The 1st councilor of the bishopric came up to us like 5 minutes before the meeting and asked us to fill the place of the youth speaker who wasn't there that day. So we went up after sacrament and just shared what came to our minds. I focused more on the importance of mothers and then shared a few scriptures about how mothers give us life, teach us how to live happy and spiritual lives, and they love us. I felt like it went well. Then E.M shared a story about his mom and related it to how moms help us grow closer to God. Afterward, sis Branson(we skyped at her house) told us we gave talks as if we prepared a week in advance! haha. I was thinking about that and how grateful I am for the Spirit. The Spirit can fill our mouths with the words of life and give us the revelation that we need in our lives. Elder Bednar has a talk about the spirit of revelation where he explains different ways we receive revelation. One being like turning a light on in a dark room, another like seeing the run rise, and third like a foggy day where we can only see a few steps ahead of us. I feel that as a missionary, we are often walking through the fog, relying on the Spirit to guide is to where we need to go. However, if we aren't watching our step and actually taking steps, we won't get to where we should be, or want to be. That's one thing I love about my mission is how much we are led by the Spirit. Nonetheless, we don't have to be on a mission to be led in that way. I just hope I will always be able to watch, listen, and act when the promptings of the spirit do come and do so for the remainder of my life. I know it's possible with the Lord! :)

So those are my thoughts with the spirit of revelation haha

I'm glad you got the pictures from Sis. Rush! Free haircuts sure are the best!

As of this point, I cant think of anything in specific that I need out here!

Thanks for all that you do for me, Mom! Have a great week! I love you and hope and pray for your safety and well being!

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment