Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 44: Santa Fe Hills - San Marcos!

Hi Mom!

Yes, I'm in San Marcos again, as a ZL with E.Ellis! So VC is now just a regular missionary area now, and the ZLs in Carlsbad are still the ZL's for the Spanish missionaries and some English missionaries. There were a lot of women taking pictures and posting it on the Carlsbad missionary moms page, but I'm not sure if you saw those. Anyway, this area is about the same as my old area in SM, but just English speaking. There's no Spanish group like there is in VC, but I really like the ward! E. Ellis is a great comp too! We are working so hard! We had a baptism yesterday, but I hardly met the kid before his baptism, so I wouldn't really say it was OURS, but just his. It was kind of funny though because I said a prayer, was a witness and stood in when confirming him! I felt a bit odd for being so involved in a baptism in which I didn't even teach the person being baptized. But it was still a great baptism! The teaching pool is a little weak as of now, but we are working super hard in order to find people, and as a result we already found a lady named Carole who wants to be baptized! Super cool miracle!

Email from a member Yes, they were doing service today. It's actually kind of a cool story.  There is this older neighbor lady down the street (whom we'd never met) who had prayed for someone to help her with re-doing her yard...and guess who showed up on her doorstep shortly thereafter?  Yep!  The elders happened by when she was working outside and asked if they could give her a hand.  She knew they were an answer to her prayer.  Anyway, so the elders let us know about her, and we've spent the last two weekends, with her and the elders, getting her yard redone!  I think the elders made quite an impression!  Anyway, she said she was in between churches right now, so she decided to come to ours last week, and seemed to really enjoy it.  Your son and his companion taught her the first lesson today as we were eating lunch together, and asked her if she would like to be baptized.  She agreed! Super awesome!  I feel so blessed to be a part of this little miracle...and it has been great getting to know Elder Farley a little better.  He is a hard worker and a really good teacher!  

So I am really liking the area and being here with E. Ellis! We bike probably like 8-10 miles a day on average, and we contact about 40 people a day, so it's pretty fun! I'd say that it's hard work, but missionary work it fun, so it's not really "hard" for me:) The better we are able to enjoy the hard, difficult, uncomfortable, and challenging things in this life, the more fun and joyful we will be! Even when we look at our trials as a way to gain more experience, understand, and appreciate the joys of this life, those trials will not remain so daunting! Everything can be made simpler and easier to understand with the gospel! It's so great!

Sounds like things are going great at home! I am excited for all the fun and new things that are happening! The email from sister Nielson was about our investigator Carole! And yes, she came to church!

I dont have much time left to email, but my assignment is the same as the one I had in VC when I first got there with E.B. As a ZL we Lift, Encourage, Inspire, and Bless the missionaries in our zone as best we can. The acronym is LEIB (Love in German. I thought dad would like that;) We give training meetings once or twice a transfer which is determined on what the missionaries need and what we feel will help them. We determine what they need help with through doing exchanges and collecting numbers from what they had done the weeks previous. So all that, as well as a lot of errand running is what we do;) but I love it!

Well, I've got to go! I love you and hope you have a great week!

video

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment