Monday, June 29, 2015

Week 45: Three Hundred and Sixty-Five Days to Go!!

Found a Friend!
Hi Mom!

Although you probably love the title of your email, "Happy 'you'll be home one year from today if you don't extend' Day!" isnt my favorite... haha. Its super crazy that I only have one left, but that just means I need to step up my game and make every day the best I can make it!

This past week in SM has gone great! We picked up 5 new investigators and set a solid date with C. for the 18th of July! So things are looking pretty good here for the future! Nothing else really crazy has happened though. haha

We actually had dinner with the Hoy family yesterday! haha. They were talking to me about all the Nygrens and were asking me if I knew them haha. So thats cool how small world things are in the church! haha

For P-day today we are doing a zone activity of basketball and designing a zone shirt! It's going to be way fun! And other than that, there isnt very much happening.

We heard from President Kendrick on Friday morning about the Supreme Court decision. It hasn't been a very big topic of conversation with us and people on the street, but it is sad that the world is straying so far from God. Of course those desires alone are not a sin, but acting on them is. It's a temptation for a lot of people in our society today, and they are either unaware of God's law, or not strong enough to resist the temptations of the adversary. All that can be done is love those who have that temptation, and try to help them overcome it. That's how I see it, at least. I really like that talk by President Benson! Everyone needs to beware of pride.

E.E. & E.F. quoting E.G, lol.


Sounds like everything else back home is going well! I am happy to hear there are so many good things happening! I guess there isn't really much else on my mind, but I know that this is what I am supposed to me doing. Some days are a bit tougher than others, but all in all, I love this work! It's the best! I hope and pray for your safety and happiness! I love you and miss you!

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment