Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Week 55: Transfers...Leaving SFH Ward.

Elder Farley & Elder Green
Hey Mom!

I've actually only been in SM for 2 transfers! They are getting me out of here quick! I couldn't believe it! WE got the call from the assistants and they said "Well, you two are staying together." And we were all like "Cool, that's what we thought" and then they said "Sike! Elder Farley is out of there!" What?? No way! But alas, it's happening. Poor Elder M will have to learn so much on his own! He's only been in the area for 3 weeks! But he'll be fine;) And I am answering this before transfers, so I don't have any idea where I'm going. You'll just have to wait a bit;) haha

pictures courtesy A. Summers (local mom attending transfer meeting)
So since today is transfers and P-day we don't have very much time again today... Sorry! I will send a long(er) email in the near future! haha. But I am glad that you had a good trip in SD! It's a bit trippy to see you and Dad with people and at places that I've been to in the past year... haha.

The SFH ward is so awesome! The last time we taught "A", I told her that I'd bear my testimony at church. So as I was planning what to say Brother Wright went up, bore a short testimony, and then said "Now Elder Farley promised that he'd bear his testimony, and I wouldn't be surprised if he started walking up as soon as I finish my testimony... In the name of-" so I had no choice but to hurry on up there! (He's a punk! haha;) I went up and told the congregation that it was my last Sunday with them, and then bore my testimony about how the gospel changes us and how I've been blessed to be changed and see many others change. I thought it was short, but it turned our to be somewhere around 10min! Wow! Longwinded I guess! haha. But after that, we were able to tech the Elders quorum a lesson about missionary work! It was a great Sunday! Before we left, there were tons of members coming up to me and telling me that they were happy that I was able to serve in the ward. I didn't think I was loved by the ward that much, and I hadn't realized the love I had for all of them! All in all, I really will miss this ward, and I am very hopeful and excited for the progress they will make in the future!


I got the envelope, but not the cookies! I'm excited for them, though!

The District - Last time together for this transfer!


That's all the time I got! Thanks for everything, Mom! I am happy that I get to be your missionary boy and am able to be here and serve the Lord! Keep inviting, and being an example! I love you and hope you have a great week!

New comp...Elder Green

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment