Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 57: Great Potential in this Area!

Hi Mom!

So this week went really well! To fill you in, I am doing great and the work is progressing quite well! We have a full-time car (my old truck from VC!), but we often ride our bikes around so we can talk to people outside. The ward is good. We had two of our investigators and their kids come to church yesterday. S. and her son came, and B. and her 4 kids came!. S. said she'd come back next week. B. was super chill so that was good! Other than that, we have a lot of great potential in this area! We decided to fast for our area on Saturday so we could have more success and be an example for the rest of the mission. The next day at church we talked to a family who was visiting and would eventually move in. They have 2 kids over 8 who aren't baptized from previous marriages, so they will be baptized in mid-October when they move in! Fasting and prayer works! Some could say that this would have happened regardless of our fast, but I believe God knows everything, thus He knew we'd fast for that purpose and set in motion this family's move into this ward! MIRACLES WORK!!! So yeah. There are a lot of cool miracles coming up everywhere! :)

Other than that, being comps with E. Green is great, and I love spending more time with President and Sister Kendrick! I thought I'd be a lot more stressed out, but I feel like things will go well! As far as life being different, all that is different is that we spend our nights in the office planning for meetings and training. Overall, its just been a lot of hard work and fun!

Here's an idea for the ward: In missionary work we contact people. Basically just inviting them to take the lessons.
                    Ex: "Hi, we are the missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and we share a message about how God has called a Prophet in our days. This message has brought a lot of peace and direction into my life, and we know it'll do the same for you. Would you be willing to have us stop by for 15min another day to share this message with you?"
Boom. Simple. So like that, the ward members could have a "contacting goal" of like 3 people a week. Their contacts would be more like this:
                    Ex: "Hi there....So I'm a Mormon and there are some missionaries who share a message that helps us feel God's Spirit more in our live. I know the message has really helped me. Would you like to meet with them?"
Just an idea, but I really think it'd work well. We have to stand as a witness of God at all times and in all places, and that's a good way to do it:)

Thanks for the update on everything, Mom! I am so grateful for you and all that you do for me! I love you and hope you have a great week!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment