Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Week 60: Seeing the Miracles!

AP's on the Loose...E. Green & E. Farley
Hey Mom!

The week sounds like it was eventful and went well!

So this last week was so crazy! It went so well! We've been fasting and praying a ton, and the mission has been doing the same, and we have been seeing the miracles of it! Although the mission is young, and small, we may have the best quarter of the year this quarter! We have like 35+ firm baptismal dates across the mission for the next couple weeks, and our area is poppin' as well! We have found like 6 great people this past week who'll get baptized! All of them dont know it yet, but they are all great! So we have S., who came to church and loved it and has a date for the 24th, we have K., who watched conference and believes in the Prophet and Apostles and will have a date on Thursday, we have T who asked us if he can get a ride to church on Sunday, we have C. who is getting greatly fellowshiped by a member and will get baptized soon, we have M. who is really searching for the truth, and we have K. who told us he wants to come to church as well. Man, we have a lot of work to do!:) Prayer and fasting works!! I highly recommend it! We talked about the current people we are teaching, and the great potentials we are teaching and believe we will have about 10 baptisms next transfer. So many elect people! I just love sharing the gospel with people! It brings so much joy!
A Couple of the Zones hiked a "Mountain"!

I know its easy to get used to members not sharing the gospel, but we have to set the example and do what we can to share it with others. Be it through the internet, our friends, family, or even random people on the street, we have to do it. All of God's children are important and loved by Him, and we are the only ones who can show them the way back home. I see it as if we are the rescuers of those souls who are stranded on the cliff side of eternity, and God is the loving parent watching and hoping that we will help His children back to safety and Eternal Life. So it is up to us to reach out our hand and rescue the lost and hopeless. I know that is what Christ has done and continues to do for us. As long as we are doing all we can, and faithfully striving to do even more, we can be sure God is proud of us and accepting of our work. This is something that has been on my mind for the past couple of weeks, and I know it is the Spirit stressing the importance of continuing to be a missionary for the rest of my life. By no means is it easy, or popular, but this life wasnt meant to be easy, and we are an unpopular and peculiar people. We follow the Lord, no matter how unpopular it may be, because we are His chosen people. I feel like I am writing a talk... I'm just so converted to the importance of missionary work, that I want to help everyone become converted to it as well!

As for Elder Green and I, we are doing great! Thanks so much for sending me things and making sure I am good. It really means a lot, and I know there are plenty of missionaries who dont receive the support that I do. I've got to go, but I love you and hope you have a superb week!:)

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment