Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Week 66: Almost Thanksgiving

Hi Mom!

Yes, I need to polish my shoes... I'll get around to it soon, ok? ;) haha

I feel like our family can always be trusted to pick up the slack, even if it's last minute. I think that's awesome that we have that trust! And hopefully the sisters will be able to get that guy to take the lessons! You and dad could just secretly teach him without him knowing! You could invite him to read out of the BofM, pray about it, teach him the commandments, and he'll be all ready without even knowing it! haha

I feel like our Thanksgivings have been pretty low key for the past few years. I don't think that's a bad thing. Our Thanksgiving will be pretty fun it looks like. We will have a little meal with PK and SK, and then we will also have a dinner with a member family! And obviously we will have a Turkey Bowl in the morning. I think our ward isn't having one, so we'll be ward hopping;) haha

I liked the pictures you sent. Grandpa is so funny! I showed Elder Smith the picture of him looking angry, and he said Gpa looks like the cliche old person. Like the "get off my lawn" old person haha. I know he's just joking though.

I think Sean is going to have an enjoyable time no matter where he goes! I hope he does well on finals!

The video is going well. I have been in prepping mode for quite a while, but we have the recording equipment, singers, piano player, time and place that we'll record at for our mission song! All of that came together really nicely! I have been taking videos of the missionaries as well, but I will need to take a lot more before I put anything together. I guess the only thing that I may be lacking on is high quality video editing software, but we have a program that will be sufficient. So I am very excited for it!

For some reason we had to have Sacrament services at 6:30 at night on Saturday for the recruits, and we only had 15 minutes to teach them this week. To make it worse, we had 11 non members there to teach! It was tough, but we had very large lessons and got every one of them involved! We are having good success there, as well as in the V3 ward. There is a really solid guy that should be getting baptized really soon. He told us that God told him to go to church, and that He'll tell him when to get baptized as well. The B. kids could be getting baptized this next weekend! So that's exciting!

I was able to go to the baptism of R. and S. yesterday! It was so great to see the whole family! The little 8-year-old girl, J., who got baptized when I was there, came up to me and gave me a hug. It was a precious moment for sure! Their family is great though. One year and they'll get to be sealed! So cool! I really want to come back for that! I also got to see A., my other recent convert! 6 months before she goes to the Temple! So many blessing come from the Gospel! I love it!

Thats about it for my week though! Thanks for all the support and love you give me! Love you! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment