Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Week 73: Another Baptism

EF2 and EH2
Dear Mom and Dad,
I dont have very much time, so this is in response to both of your emails.

Since there were only 3 sisters who left this past transfer, we didnt go to the Temple or any of that this time... It kinda stinks, but it's ok. I will still have like 2 more Temple trips. So how the traveling stuff will work is I am going this week and next week to all the Spanish Elders in the mission, but will be in our area on Sunday and Monday for church (Edson Range too) and p-day. The next 2 weeks will be normal and E. A and E. P will alternate going to the English missionaries. Then we will all be together to plan for a few meetings near the end of the transfer. It is really cool that I have the chance to help the recruits come closer to the Savior. even this past Sunday I set 2 baptismal date there! We will be having 3 baptisms next week there, and hopefully another 3 the following week! Things are going really good there! We had a training meeting with all the missionaries who teach the recruits, and I was able to meet up with Elder Hansen! {Elder Hansen's older brother Tim served as AP with Sean in DCNorth. Brian and this E.Hansen met from the two San Diego missions to coordinate the military base baptisms and teaching between the two missions} He's a great kid! (My camera is still messed up, even with a new battery, so I didnt get a picture, but he did and is going to send it to me.) I felt like we got grilled a bit because we didn't really know what we were doing, but we are going to be a ton more efficient in the coming weeks! Still no Spanish greenies coming in... Oh no!!!! ;) haha. It'll work out.

We had R's baptism this last Friday and that was really good! There was like no one there because she wanted it to be low-key. But she really enjoyed it! Not much is happening in our ward now, but we are hoping to find more people here pretty soon! The members are so close to inviting! We just need to boost their moral! But things for the most part are going well!



I'm glad to hear that you two are settling in to your calling well! I know that you both are the perfect people to help out the YSAs in the stake. You have helped me and Sean out so much in our lives, and I'm sure we'd be down much darker paths without you! It'll be really cool during the summer to be there with you both!

Sean is keeping me very updated! He sounds like he is having a good time! I want to say I am excited to see him and hang out with him again, but I am still going to focus and live in the here and now, plus enjoy where I am now!

I feel like I am doing pretty well with staying focused, regardless of anything anyone says. I really want to do my best these last 6 months and work my hardest. I think being out in the mission field will help me with that. But at the same time I am going to miss being an assistant! haha. But In know that the Lord is behind every change.

I did get the 18 months package! Thanks! Did Sean write "If you were a sister, you'd be home!"? haha. I feel like that's something he'd write. I actually got that package last pday and just opened it then... so I've been enjoying it for a week now;) haha

Thanks for all that you do for me! :) I am so grateful that I have you as my parents! I couldnt ask for anyone better! I love and miss you both! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment