Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 75: Traveling Week

Mom!

How is it February already??? Ahhhh!! Time is going by way to quickly! I feel like this transfer just started, and now its half way!

This week went really well though! No baptisms, but there was a lot of good that happened! I got to "tour" the rest of my potential areas this last week ;) haha. I would be happy going to any of them! Going back to VC would be really cool, but I think I'd run out of things to do after like 2-3 weeks! haha. So maybe not there. Perhaps the same would happen if I went back to Del Mar. It was really cool to revisit my previous areas and also the areas I've never been to! There was a lot of learning that took place, for me and for the missionaries I was with! It was really fun seeing the Rushs again! They're great! Their daughter asked me about the pants at church yesterday, but I completely forgot to bring them... But bringing them to Mens Warehouse would work too.

The ties you got us are sweet! We all really like them! Thanks! I'll send you a picture soon of us three wearing them!

So this past week I started in Oceanside, then went to Carlsbad. There wasn't really much that happened there of much significance, but it was a good couple exchanges! After that, I went to Del Mar with my brother, Elder Romney (because we were both trained by Elder Smith). It was super weird to be in the same apartment as I was as a greenie! The exchange went well, and I feel like Elder Romney will continue to do really well! After that, I went to Escondido and then to VC. Esco was fun! Then up in VC I got to see a lot of members and RCs:)

I got to see the "J" family who will be getting sealed this December or so (and I'm going to want to go to that;). Their 9 yr old daughter, "J", who got baptized when I was there, saw me, started running towards me, leaped in the are and gave me a big hug! haha. It was cute that she was so happy to see me! I sent a picture of her and elder Rodriguez (both of which were caught off guard haha) I didnt get to see the "J" parents, but it was all good nonetheless. After that I was able to visit "A" and have a lesson with her! She is doing really well! After that, we went to a baptism that the VC sisters had.

All the traveling was really good, except for the fact that I was really sick throughout the whole thing!!! Well, not really, but yesterday I was reeeeaallly sick! Sean and I have telepathy with sickness I guess! It's just a cold, but I felt like I was really dragging yesterday! I am doing better now though.

Other than that, not much has happened. We didnt have any baptisms at Edson. The companies with us now are all leaving and we are finally getting a new one next week. We set a whole bunch of dates for the San Diego missionaries, so they should have quite a few baptisms there pretty soon!

It sounds like all is well at home. Thats good to know! Thanks for all that you do for me, Mom! I love you and hope you have a great week! :)

Love,

Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment