Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 76: We Ended Up with 2 Cakes!

Hola Madre!

Sounds like life at home is going good! I can't believe all the people that are getting married! Life moves on, I guess! But thats all good to hear! Pretty soon Sean will be next! haha ;) It's also good to hear that all my missionary friends are doing well!

This week was good! We had a solid lesson with some new investigators, S & C. They were just really nice and let us right in! We talked to them about what we do as missionaries (essentially to help people get baptized), then we answered some of her questions about women in the church, and then we shared with them why we are on our missions and how we know it's the right thing to do. C asked us what we mean by knowing it's true. We shared with them the Restoration and invited them to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. They asked for some time to think about it, but we will find out what they decided today! So we shall see!

Other than that, we were invited to eat dinner at the Blue and Gold banquet. They had a cake auction for the scouts and one member offered to buy us whatever cake we wanted, and another member gave us $50 dollars to bid with! haha. So we ended up with 2 cakes, plus another member gave us each a slice of cake from the one they bought! The members are really nice in this ward!

Not much happened at Edson, but a member brought her non-member friend to church yesterday, and we are going to see if that's going to go anywhere.

This next week is going to go by super fast though! Tomorrow through Thursday we will be having Zone conferences, on Friday we have MLC, and on Saturday we will start Transfer Planning! So we may or may not know by next week where I am going. It'll be good whatever happens though. It's really weird how time just keeps going on... I feel like the rest of my mission is going to go by super quick... I will just keep doing my very best though! :)

Thanks for all that you do for me, Mom! I am so grateful your love and support! I hope you have a great week!

Love,

Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment