Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 77: Busy Week!

Hi Dad!

This week was really stressful, but really good at the same time! With all the meetings we had, we hardly had time to do missionary work, but we ended it off with a great day of biking! Nothing really happened at Edson, but we were able to watch a church broadcast for the Western States on Sunday. It was really good! Elder Hamula from the 70 conducted, Elder Grow (who came to visit our mission) spoke, Sister Oscarson spoke, and Elder Renlund spoke too! They were all really good talks! They all seemed to be focused on us living in the last days, and how we have to stand out as examples of good, rather than sinking into the crowd. There were other good topics that were focused on as well, like revelation in the Church and how to simply answer questions about the Church. Elder Hamula said something interesting as well. To paraphrase, he said "The mistakes of men, yet the perfection of the doctrine in the Church testify that the Church is ran by God." Rather than looking at the mistakes that perhaps Church leaders have made or things someone has said as a way to disprove the truthfulness of the Church, it is a way we can know even more surly that the Church is true! So cool! :)
 I'm not sure but I will either be going to Escondido, or Carlsbad. At least those are my guesses. I will be happy with either. It is really weird to be able to plan out the rest of my mission. But I know all will be well if I simply do my very best! Its a bit bittersweet that I will be transferred this next week... I feel like I am planning my own funeral in a way! haha. But I know Elder Arellano and Elder Phillips will keep me updated with whats happening ;) They are good guys!

Not much else to report on though. Thanks for all your support, Dad! I keep reflecting on how blessed I am to have you and mom in my life! I love you and hope this next week is great!

Love,

Elder Brian Farley


Hi Mom!

It sounds like you had an action-packed week! That's good to hear! This week was killer for us! 3 Zone Conferences in a row followed by an MLC... Lets just say we didn't get a lot of sleep... I've only pulled 2 all-nighters (Yes only 2, as if one isn't much either) The first was my last day in the MTC and was done because we had to wake up at 1:30 anyway, and the other was when all my efforts on making a Christmas video were failing and I had to stay up all night to finish it to show the mission the next day. I have a testimony that the Lord will strengthen you and consecrate your efforts when you do your very best, because that's what happened to us! Everyone loved our trainings and said it was exactly what the mission needs! So I am grateful to the Lord for not allowing us to fail! haha. That was the only really stressful part of it all. Zone conference was easy. We only had one training and we did it over again for each Zone Conference. I am glad that it is all over though. I ended with a bang! ;) haha. I will still get the chance to do trainings the rest of my mission, but not for the whole mission.
A miracle that happened this week actually happened in my last ward, Vista 3rd. There was an active non-member of a part-member family in the ward. He had been going to church with his family for years and, for whatever reason, didn't want to be baptized! He had a calling in the scouts and could do that because you don't need to be set apart for that. Basically, he was the most dry Mormon anyone could ever meet. Recently the Stake president asked him to serve in the Stake YM Presidency and he said yes, and thus said yes to being baptized!! He was baptized yesterday morning, and the elders didn't even know the baptism or any of this was happening up until an hour before the baptism! So that was a really cool miracle!

No much else has happened this week. All is well, and I will let you know for sure where I am going next week! I love you and hope your next week goes well!

Love,
Elder Brian Farley


No comments:

Post a Comment