Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 80: DL and RS President.



A Few of the Escondido Elders
Hi Mom,

This last week went by a lot faster than last week. I think since I am getting the area down a bit better and know more of the members and what not, things are going by faster! We are still biking though. We don't walk because its super ineffective! We see a lot of the English missionaries walking... They must not have much work going on. This week has been really good though. There's been a lot of rain the past couple days! I really hope it stays overcast and cool so we don't die in the heat ;) haha. But I do have another cold... so maybe I should be wishing this cold weather would go away...

So the "V" family is all down to be baptized except for the most important person; the dad. He is just hesitant in changing his whole life. Honestly, it isn't changing much... He already comes to church. He'd just be committing to it. I feel that commitment scares a lot of people... Especially the people here for some reason. But we and some of the members are working on them. They'll get baptized, but its just a matter of when. "F" is doing super! He is solid, just waiting on his wife.

Elder Ellsworth has been in Esco for 6 months already, and has served here in the past. It may be somewhere close to a year, but he's had a lot of different areas here. I'm pretty sure I told you that I am a DL. Elder Romney is a DL as well, but since we are both Relief Society presidents (AKA we only have sisters in our districts and therefore cannot go on exchanges with anyone in our districts) we get to go on exchanges with each other! The Hermanas in my district are Hermanas Kasen and Adkins, and Hermanas Andrade and Shakespear. They're all pretty cool, so I don't have much trouble haha.

YSA sounds like it's still going good. It will be interesting to go to YSA when I am home. I have very little experience with it since I've never served in YSA and never went before the mish. I hope you and Dad are enjoying all of the YSA stuff! haha

The mission tour plan sounds good! It will be a blasty blast!

It's kinda funny to me how often people I know, like friends and family, are going through or staying in some part of the mission for vacation! I hope Sean has a great time is OC and that he doesn't accidentally drive through all the main streets of Escondido and find me! haha.



I don't have much else to  report on my end. Thanks for all that you do, Mom! I appreciate you and love you! Have a great week!

Love,
--
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment