Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 87: Time Does Fly!

Hi Mom!

Yeah, last week was a bit crazy and a little stressful, but this week wasnt too bad at all! It was actually really good, aside from our investigators not showing up again... E.W was in Carlsbad before coming here. I think we will probably stay together for one more, then I hope I get to stay and train for my last transfer! I'm going to have to tell my buddies to put in a good word for me to PK ;) haha. If I stay with E.W for next transfer, I am just going to email PK about how much I want to train ;) haha. If I don't, it's no biggie, but it'd be sweet to have the opportunity!

Time does fly though. I have that picture of all 4 of us in front of the Provo Temple before Sean's mission and I cant believe it was almost 3 and 1/2 years ago! I feel like it was just like 1 year ago haha. I still, in a way, feel like I have a lot of time left... From what I've heard from other departing missionaries, thats the feeling you have up until you leave the mission. But then some have told me that they feel like their time is up after their exit interview... I hope it lasts for me up until I see Sean. The mission is challenging in many different ways but, in the end, all you remember are the good times.

I liked all the pictures you sent, they're good ones!

I will send you a couple pictures of the hair cut. It looks a TON better now. I was super embarrassed and kinda upset on how it looked at first, but now its fine.

We did hear about the bombing! Crazy! We gathered it was a greenie, the mission president and his aps, right? It may be just speculation on our part. Freakin' crazy people... WWIII is right around the corner it seems... That'd be crazy!

I have a whole bunch of talks I downloaded a while ago, and I thin a few of them were from Elder Holland, and I may have that one! I will listen to it for sure!

No worries on the pants! I am doing just fine! haha. I will keep an eye out for the packages that are coming though! Thanks! :)

This past week I've felt like Lehi speaking to his sons about Christ's Atonement and using agency correctly in 2 Nephi 2. There are so many people out there who do not choose Eternal Life through Christ. They may say they've been "saved" but being saved is not an event, but a process just like conversion. If we do not choose everyday too serve the Lord, then we are ultimately choosing captivity and death, as it says in the scriptures. I mentioned this to dad, but there are too many people who are too busy and too tired for God. They allow other things, or other 'gods', to be higher priorities than the things of God, and God Himself. We are ultimately our own judges, and I fear that there will be many people at the last day who realize they have wronged themselves by wronging God. They will find their momentary pleasures or wants to be of no worth, and they will regret the lives they lived and what they have lost for not choosing God first. I am making an extra effort now to build habits now that will help me to choose God first from now onward. And I am going to try even harder to help those around me make correct decisions that will lead them to the straight and narrow path that leads to Everlasting Life.

Thanks for all your support that you've been giving me, Mom! I love you and hope you have a great week!

Love,
--
Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment