Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 89: Cinco de Mayo & Mother's Day Skype



Hey Mom!

It was really good to see you and the family yesterday! I feel like there have been quite a few changes since last time, but nothing too crazy. Like I said yesterday, it just feels weird. I dont even know what feels weird, but it does. Maybe it just doesnt feel like I am getting near the end. But I'm not going to worry about it. haha.

Nothing much to report on aside from what I already told you, but I will give you a little bit of Cinco de Mayo deep doctrine ;)

So E.S. and his family are like deep doctrine masters, and he's let me in on some. Cinco de Mayo is in memory of a battle between the French and Mexican armies in Puebla, Mexico in 1862. So in Alma 16:1 we read that there was a "cry of war" in "the fifth day of the second month..." Then we go to 3 Nephi 8:5 and it talks about the destruction that commenced at the death of Christ. But it says in the "first month..." So Christ was crucified in April (month 4), so that means the Nephite calendar was off by 3 months. Alma 16:1 says the war was the 2nd month and the 5th day, so if we add 3 months to that date it becomes the 5th of May. Whoooaaa! Mind blown! This is one of the few specific dates mentioned in the Book of Mormon, so it's pretty interesting. It's more like a little Easter egg that was put in. haha. Anyway, that's the bit of Cinco de Mayo deep doctrine for you ;)

Well, other than that, I think thats it. Thanks for all you do for me, Mom! Love you!

Love,

Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment