Monday, June 20, 2016

Week 95: No Regrets!

Hi Mom!

This week, sadly, was another slow week. We couldn't get any lesson set with J, nor with the man the YSA sisters gave us. I feel like a lot of things are just falling through. We are going to have a more concentrated effort on the members though. I feel like we can get something moving forward if we work with the members. I just don't want to leave EC hanging without anyone solid. But he is a really solid kid, and I'm sure he is going to have a lot of success throughout it all. I think we just need to think outside the box a little more so as to find more people. I think English classes would be a good idea, but that would take a little time to start off.

We did run into a recovering addict last week who said that we could teach him this last Sunday, and we did. He's an interesting guy, but his gf seems to have some good potential. She lives in El Cajon though, so the missionaries down there should hopefully see some success with her. Other than that it's been a lot of flaky people.

It has been hot the past couple days, and we've been tracting through it as well! haha. We are carrying around a lot of water, so we are doing fine. I still haven't told him that I am leaving this transfer, but I have the best idea for bringing it up! So we are going to the temple this Friday and I told him I am going to teach him some "deep doctrine" there. So I have found a whole bunch of scriptures that talk about 'finishing' or 'returning home' and I am going to see if he can connect the pieces! haha. If he can't I'm just going to tell him. I an really surprised that he hasn't found out yet! haha. It still doesn't feel real. But I guess that's a good thing! haha.

I'm really not sure who E.C's step-dad would be, but he better be hardworking! I am going to give him a little pep talk before I leave to help him keep working hard and not become lazy before I go. He is a really good kid though, so I don't worry too much. Probably the coolest thing that happened this week was when a member got really excited to do missionary work and asked for some pamphlets to hand out. He said he's going to hand out them all and find someone here in Escondido for us to teach! That was really cool! It makes me want to work more through members and inspire them to do the work!

I think that's about it on my side of the world. I am so grateful for you, dad and the rest of the family! Thanks for all you do for me! I love you! Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Brian Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment